Nov 26, 2008

808s & GUILTY PLEASURE

I don't like to consider myself a music snob...but I am particular. And I'm just going to come right out and say Kanye West is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't like the man. Maybe it is all an act, his attitude and clothes and such, but I don't really care. Graduation had some great songs that I still can't get out of my head - and with 808s & Heartbreak out yesterday I had to open up a copy immediatey (while Chris was not at the store, because he IS a music snob) and indulge. Not at all what I expected, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I hate that Lil' Wayne makes an appearance and the album certainly gets weak towards the end...but I don't mind, it still has all the elements I would want from a West album, and I don't need to listen all the way through.

Besides, I'll most certainly take Kanye's pompous attitude over the arrogance (and stupidity) of GNR who will only sell their newest album (also out yesterday) at mega-chain Best Blah (if you must buy it, get it from Graywhale who imported the record so you didn't have to buy it from a sea of blue and yellow).

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hooray for guilty pleasures. Mr. West is one of mine too.