Nov 22, 2008

BEST OF 2008

Each December we publish a little book full of our "top albums" of the year. The whole staff fills it up and we invite other contributors too - usually just other music-minded folks around town. This year we have contributors from a radio station, City Weekly, SLUG, and depending on who else actually gets us their lists in time, maybe a local musician or two.

I, personally, have been postponing even thinking about my list. But today I buckled down behind the counter and decided I would actually lay out what was on the list and the placement of each. And now that I think I have them all sorted and aligned and selected and so on...it is proving to be a heartbreaking task. I've been moving titles up and down and back up and then down again. I guess that means it has been a good year for music.

New additions to look for in our upcoming Best of 2008 booklet...top 5 live shows in 2008 from our staff. We thought this would be a fun way to remember the year in music too. So far it is proving to be a little easier than my album picks and it is fun recalling the things that made each show so incredible.

We hope to have the books in-store sometime in the first week of December...be sure to stop by and grab yours. They go fast.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I've been procrastinating on my list too. I plan on spending most of tomorrow huddled in a coffee shop until it's done.