Jan 17, 2009


TO WILLIE

There are so many lovely bands that are far too unheard of, and today I hope to introduce some of you to Phosphorescent (click here for his myspace). Chris and I have been fans of his for years. I really love everything he does - he sounds a bit like Will Oldham at times, but they are certainly different.

So anyways, the reason I bring him up today is because Phosphorescent has a new record coming out on February 3rd. And as I sit here putting together my order I thought I'd give the advance copy of his record a listen. And I can't stop smiling. It is incredible.

Here is what the label says about this record:
PHOSPHORESCENT pays a loving tribute to WILLIE NELSON with a soulful and heartfelt set of tunes that have been dusted off and made bright and beautiful again.

I'm not a huge Willie Nelson fan. I don't dislike him, I quite enjoy him, but I never listen to him unprompted or own anything of his in my personal collection. But let me tell you that Phosphorescent does right by Willie on this new album. I think I'll keep this one in the CD player all day. Please be sure to check it out on February 3rd when it comes out. You won't regret it.

No comments: