Mar 10, 2009

Ever heard of Starfucker?

If you haven't heard of Starfucker, now is the time to check them out. They are playing at Kilby Court this Saturday, March 14 and I am soooooooooo excited. Seriously, ask any of my friends and they will tell you that I've been tirelessly playing the Starfucker record at my house and recruiting them to attend their show with me. So, what do they sound like? Well, we all know words fail me when describing a band, so I'll reference the music website, Pop Matters, and describe their sound as "electronic-tinged pop rock." It's the sort of music that puts a little pep in my step and a smile (probably a creepy one) on my face. There's a really great write-up about them on the Pop Matters' website, which you can access here. Scroll to the bottom of the write-up and you can listen to their whole album!!! Let me know what you think...

Also, playing Saturday is Future of the Ghost and Patterstats...two really fantastic local bands I hope you all know about. It's FOTG's all-ages release for their newest album, too!

As always, you can get your tickets at Slowtrain for $9.

I'll end with a little live video of Starfucker...


One-Garage - Starfucker - "Ahhz" from William Overby on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

I'm so excited for this! I requested the night off work, but they didn't give it to me. Luckily it's a Saturday night, which means I should be out of their at 8pm and at Kilby at 8:30