Mar 4, 2009

NEWS TO ME

I'm not surprised that we missed good stuff while we were out of town...but I was a bit startled when this morning I was catching up on my Google Reader and SL Magazine's Dan Nailen informed me of a new venue!!! Cool, right? Although I was bummed to find out The Heavy Metal Shop snagged an in-store set with Justin Townes Earle before we could - we just saw him play Grimey's Record Shop in Nashville and it was moving to say the least. We should all caravan over to HMS for that in-store set on 4/8 (and by caravan, I mostly mean walk the block together).

But seriously! A brand new venue (that serves BOOZE!) announced in our absence. I never would have guessed, but I'm still pretty stoked. And in case you didn't click the link above, here are the details:

The State Room
638 S. State in Salt Lake City
http://www.thestateroomslc.com/

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I saw an ad for their opening in City Weekly. Very cool. I'm eager to check this place out.

Vanessa said...

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I pretty much live right next to it.