Apr 16, 2009

RECORD STORE UPDATE #4

Oh no, I'm definitely not done telling you about all the wonderfulness of Record Store Day. In addition to a full day of live, local (did I mention awesome?) local music, Record Store Day also brings many exclusive musical goodies for you. I didn't even know about Record Store Day last year, but I've been informed this year's exclusives are much bigger and better. Bigger in the sense that there are so many exclusives that I have a hard time keeping track of them all. Better in the sense that, well, the artists involved with the exclusives are all really great.

I thought I'd share some of the exclusives I'm most excited about:

My Morning Jacket: Celebracion De La Ciudad Natal, CD or 10"
I was able to give this exclusive and early listen and this live album is really great. As a big MMJ fan who's never had the pleasure to see them live, this album is the next best thing for me.

Akron/Family: Everyone is Guilty, 7"
This exclusive features "Everyone is Guilty," the first single from Akron/Family's upcoming release, Set'Em Wild, Set 'Em Free (I've been listening to the promo copy non-stop and it is reaaaallllly good) and an unreleased b-side.

Flaming Lips/Black Keys:
"Borderline"/Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles", split 7"
Flaming Lips covering Madonna?! Yes, please! Black Keys covering Captain Beefheart? Well, I don't know anything about Captain Beefheart, but I'm guessing it will be awesome regardless...

Other super cool exclusives:

Iron and Wine, Live CD
Grizzly Bear, "While You Wait For The Others"/"He Hit Me", Live on KCRW 7"
Loney Dear/Andrew Bird, split 7"
Leonard Cohen, split 7"
Bob Dylan, "Dreaming From You"/"Down Along The Cove", Live at Bonnaroo 7"
Sonic Youth/Beck, split 7"
Sonic Youth/Jay Reatard, split 7"

...there are so many more. For the full listing head to our website and check out our Record Store Day page.

No comments: