May 13, 2009

Cheap Show + Two Awesome Bands

If you don't have any plans for Sunday evening, hopefully this blog will change that. I realize it's a Sunday, but that shouldn't be an excuse for missing a really great show. That being said, there are two really amazing bands, Birthquake and Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk, playing at The Loft (625 S. State Street) this Sunday.

Birthquake is probably my favorite local band to catch live these days. There's something really refreshing about watching a band that is really full of energy and obviously really excited about the music they're making. They put a smile on my face and make me want to dance like an idiot (which is a good thing). They just played Localized last weekend and have a little write-up in Slug.

Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk hail from Lawrence, KS (my old stompin' ground) and are stopping through Salt Lake for the beginning of their month-long West Coast tour. In my opinion, BBDM sounds like a more experimental combination of Broken Social Scene and My Bloody Valentine. The Trip Wire just exclusively premiered a new track of theirs, you can listen and download it here.

So, here's the deal:

Sunday, May 17th
The Loft - 625 S. State Street
Birthquake Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk
Music starts around 9 pm
***Bring at least $1 to donate!

Spread the word and come play on Sunday!

No comments: