Jun 2, 2009

BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!



Yup. We've got some awesome new music related books that you should be reading right now instead of this blog. One of my favorites of the bunch is a collection of recipes by some of the coolest bands around. Which, I know is odd for me to like since I don't cook and have no desire to. However, it's called "I Like Food, Food Tastes Good (in the kitchen with your favorite bands)". You too can learn to make Death Cab For Cutie's VEGGIE SAUSAGE AND PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH, My Morning Jacket's "YOU CAN CARE IF YOU WANNA" SANDWICH, The Violent Femmes' WILD BOAR RAGU, Grizzly Bear's PECAN PIE, and tons more. There's recipes by Shearwater, Slowdive, Belle & Sebastian, Battles, Okkervil River, The Long Winters and way too many more to name. Each recipe has a short intro about the artist and their food, and it's pretty entertaining to read. Seriously, buy it.

No comments: