Jun 17, 2009

MODEST MOUSE + SLC = VANESSA'S DREAM COME TRUE

I'm not sure how many people know this, but Modest Mouse is pretty much my favorite band ever. And, by pretty much, I mean definitely is. I happened to discover that Modest Mouse will be stopping in SLC September 1 to play at In The Venue. I am not joking when I say that this is the best news ever. I've only seen them live once before and I may have gotten a little bit too drunk before/during the show to properly enjoy it (I have a tendency to do this when I am far too excited about any particular live show).

Just to get you equally as excited as I am about all this, here's a link to listen to one of their new songs, titled "Autumn Beds." This song, along with another new MM track titled "Whale Song", are on an exclusive 7" being released June 23 especially for Vinyl Saturdays. More information about Vinyl Saturdays to come...in the meantime think about how you're going to sneak backstage and meet Isaac Brock when he's in town. Oh, wait. That's what I'll be doing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm way excited! Is slowtrain going to be selling tickets. I would definatly make a trip to Slowtrain if you were.

Jared said...

I'm really excited for this show too, It'll be my first time seeing Modest Mouse. Is Slowtrain selling tickets for this show?

Anna said...

VERY exciting news indeed! Slowtrain will most likely NOT have tickets for this show. They go on sale on 6/19 at www.24tix.com - I suggest you buy them there and don't wait too long. I'm guessing it will sell out FAST!