Oct 13, 2009

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: THE FIERY FURNACES - I'M GOING AWAY

Once again, The Fiery Furnaces defy expectations by...well, sounding kinda normal. You know you're weird when it's weird for you to not be weird. Don't get me wrong, it's still not totally "straightforward" but relatively speaking, I'm going away is pretty accessible. Right off the bat, the first three tracks bring out some more soulful elements that really emphasis their ability to create beautiful melodies without betraying their trademark frantic tangents and unpredictable guitar and synth bursts. As someone who has been on the fence about The Fiery Furnaces ever since the mind boggling grandma storytellings on Rehearsing My Choir, I'm proud to say that I'm Going Away has won me over...I'm officially a fan.

As Slowtrain's Album of the Week, The Fiery Furnaces I'm Going Away is 10% off until next Tuesday! Come and get it!

1 comment:

Dainon. said...

Glad to see you finally have come around.