Oct 26, 2009

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: THROW ME THE STATUE - CREATURESQUE

This week's featured album is the sophomore release from the Seattle-based band called Throw Me The Statue, titled Creaturesque. You may recall this band from Anna's top ten albums of last year, where their debut album, Moonbeams, made the list. I've heard and read mixed reviews for this album, but in my opinion I find the new album to sound similar to their last, but not in a bad way- this album still has the simple and carefree sounding pop songs, which I very much enjoy. As the reality of cold weather inches closer, this is an album I'll definitely be turning to on winter days, when I need a dose of summery pop jams to warm me up. Have a listen to a track from the album:



As our "album of the week" you can purchase the record in vinyl or cd and receive 10% off. Pretty sweet, huh?

No comments: