Oct 7, 2009

NEW RELEASE RUNDOWN

Yup, it's me again, here to inform you about the awesome new releases that came out this week. I just wanna make sure you don't miss out...

The XX, XX
Apparently, this duo is taking the world by storm! Or so, the internets tell me. This is yet another case of me being totally uninformed about a release until my friends introduce me to it. This album is full of slow, dark, and sexy pop songs. I haven't had the chance to listen to this album all the way through, I've only heard it in random pieces, but even from that it already has my full attention.



Dutchess & The Duke, Sunset/Sunrise
Their 2008 release, She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke, was one of my favorite albums of last year. I'm pretty sure Anna had it in her top ten list of for the year, too. Sunset/Sunrise is just as, if not more, amazing than their previous album, but in a different way. This album is quieter, softer and darker, which, after countless listens, I am totally in love with. As far as songwriting goes, these guys are in a category all their own.

Built to Spill, There Is No Enemy
By far our best seller so far this week - this new record comes with a beautiful flat of the album artwork for you to show off on your wall. As if you needed an extra special reason to buy a new Built to Spill record. Their track record speaks for itself.

Lake, Let's Build a Roof
Their second full length release does not disappoint. This reminds me of a cool 70's vibe. I picture my mom with her long red hair - parted down the middle, listening to this record in some bell-bottom jeans while washing dishes with my mustached dad. It is homey, comfortable, sweet, and, well, vibey. Come and give it a sample on our listening post - it is delicious!

PLUS - there were soooo many more releases. Feel free to comment with your favorites - we love hearing what y'all are listening to. Here's some others that are new and still hot:
Lou Barlow - Goodnight Unknown CD/LP+MP3, Black Heart Procession - Six CD, Karl Blau - Zebra CD (K), Califone - All My Friends Are Funeral Singers CD/2xLP, Brandi Carlile - Give Up The Ghost CD, Vic Chesnutt - Skitter On Take-Off CD, The Clientele - Bonfires On The Health CD/LP, Betty Davis - Nasty Gal CD, Betty Davis - Is It Love Or Desire, Dead Man's Bones - Dead Man's Bones CD, Evangelista - Prince Of Truth CD/LP, Orenda Fink - Ask The Night CD, Gogol Bordello - Live From Axis Mundi CD+DVD, Headlights - Wildlife CD/LP+MP3, Michael Hurley - Ida Con Snock CD/LP, The Jesus Lizard - Various Reissues, Daniel Johnston - Is And Always Was CD, Lucero - 1372 Overton Park CD/LP, Mission Of Burma - Sound The Speed Of Light CD/LP+MP3, Music Go Music - Expressions CD/LP+MP3, Noah And The Whale - The First Days Of Spring CD/CD+DVD, A Place To Bury Strangers - Exploding Head CD/LP, Port O'Brien - Threadbare CD, Raveonettes - In And Out Of Control CD/LP, Sparklehorse & Fennesz - In The Fishtank 15 CDEP/12", Sufjan Stevens/Osso - Run Rabbit Run CD/2xLP, Kurt Vile - Childish Prodigy CD/LP+MP3, Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer 12"

No comments: