Oct 23, 2009

THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICKS

Uzi & Ari, Matt Ben Jackson, Future of the Ghost, Sleepover
Friday, October 23 @ Kilby Court, $6

Show #1 from Kilby Fest #2 showcases four more local bands. I haven't seen Uzi & Ari live in over a year, but from what I remember- I was more than impressed. I'm also looking forward to hearing Matt Ben Jackons and Sleepover, two artists that I haven't heard much of and have never seen live. Then, there's good ol' Future of the Ghost who I can always count on for an energetic and fun show. I think it's cold enough outside that a fire will be available to huddle around in between sets...


Sunset Rubdown w/ Tune-Yards
Saturday, October 24 @ Urban Lounge, $11*

Contrary to what's printed in SLUG magazine's daily calendar, Sunset Rubdown will NOT be playing at Slowtrain tomorrow. They will, however, be playing at Urban Lounge- hooray! I've been looking forward to this show for months, my friends. Make sure to get there early to check out opener, Tune-Yards (aka- Merrill Garbus), who makes playful and experimental folk tunes. She opened for Thao with The Get Down Stay Down last summer and put on quite a show.

Sunset Rubdown – Black Swan Music Video from Throneboogie on Vimeo.




So much good music happening in SLC these days! Get out and enjoy it!

No comments: