Oct 30, 2009

THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICKS: *Update: Langhorne Slim & Dawes Cancellation

Langhorne Slim
w/ Dawes & The Devil Whale
Friday, October 30th (TONIGHT) @ Urban Lounge, $9

I've seen Langhorne Slim three times in the past year and a half- each time being a bit better than the last. The first time I saw him play, I hadn't even heard his music. I was so impressed with his performance that I made it my beeswax to check out an album and I've been a dedicated fan ever since. This time around he's playing with the up-and-coming quartet, Dawes, who play a beautiful mix of folk and soul- similar to Langhorne, but whose songs are a bit quieter. Also opening is a personal local favorite, The Devil Whale. I couldn't possibly imagine a better show lineup. Slowtrain is offering 2 for 1 tix to this show, while supplies last, until 5 pm today- you must mention this to get the deal. So, what are you waiting for? Get down here!

***UPDATE: Langhorne and Dawes are stranded in Wyoming due to a snowstorm, therefore they had to cancel the show tonight. However, there will be a FREE show happening in replacement featuring : The Devil Whale, Black Hens and Mathematics Etc. Spread the word!

We will be issuing refunds if you bought your ticket from us!





DINOSAUR JR.
Saturday, October 31st @ Urban Lounge, EARLY SHOW/DOORS @ 8 pm, $21

I'll openly admit that I didn't know anything about Dinosaur Jr. until a few years back, when I read an interview with Kevin Drew of Broken Social Scene where he cited Dinosaur Jr. as a huge influence. I was interested in learning more and hearing this band that so influenced one of my favorite musicians, so I checked 'em out. Little did I know what a legendary band they were, with numerous albums after having been together for over 20 years. I feel extremely lucky to be able to see these guys live, especially in such an intimate venue. We sold through all our tickets, but they are still available online at 24tix.com.


Been There All The Time

Dinosaur Jr. | MySpace Video

No comments: