Nov 9, 2009

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: THE BLACK KEYS - ATTACK & RELEASE

I've yet to hear anything these guys have done that hasn't really moved me. Most of the releases by The Black Keys are pretty straight forward blues rock albums, however, their most recent release, Attack & Release, is a full lush sounding record with so many different sounds and styles that you just may forget that they were ever considered a "blues band". For me, it's a perfect mix of Dan Auerbach's solo record and the usual Black Keys' sound I've grown to love. Also, it helps to further my awe inspired love of Danger Mouse, who is credited with producing this incredible album. Attack & Release is the deepest and most creative release in The Black Keys catalogue, and I'm happy to announce that it's on sale for 10% off this week!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh, man, I do love this album.