Nov 17, 2009

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: FRUIT BATS - THE RUMINANT BAND

I really can't get enough of this record. I've been a long time fan of Fruit Bats and have always hoped that they made another Mouthfuls, yet I'm SO happy they didn't this time around. The Ruminant Band is the album I never thought Fruit Bats would create. It has an amazingly full sound with so many layers and uncharacteristic instrumentation. My favorite part of this record is how many Houses of the Holy era Zeppelin influences there are. Even Eric Johnson's vocals are a little reminiscent of Robert Plant's...weird. Not until track 5, The Hobo Girl, does it start to feel like the "old" Fruit Bats I obsessed over so many years ago. This is a must have for any Fruit Bats fan, and a great starter for anyone unfamiliar with the band. Get it this week for 10% off!

No comments: