Nov 7, 2009

CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT

Today, I unleash the brand new weekly blog we will call- drum roll, please- the Customer Spotlight! Exciting, right? Essentially, the idea for this blog came from me being interested in knowing more about our customers- what they're listening to, their favorite albums, their guilty pleasures, and so on. This gives me a chance to, more regularly, talk to customers on a more in-depth level about their music tastes. So, each week, I'll randomly ask someone browsing our shelves, maybe you, to participate in this blog. This idea is sort of a work in progress, so if you have any suggestions for it, please don't hesitate to let me know!

For the very first blog, I asked the lovely Ian Stephens and Hailee Jacobsen if they would entertain me and help me with this blog. I see these two in the shop at least once a week and they seemed like they would be open to the idea, which they were- thanks, guys!



What are you listening to lately?

Ian: Animal Collective, The Fiery Furnaces, and M83

Hailee: Lots of Led Zeppelin, Bat for Lashes, and Flight of the Conchords.


What's your favorite album so far this year?

Ian: Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear, fer sure.

Hailee: Horehound - The Dead Weather (...brilliant!)


Best live show so far this year?

Ian: The Dead Weather were pretty incredible- Alison Mosshart is fierce is the most literal sense of the term.

Hailee: I saw No Doubt this year, which for nostalgic reasons was awesome, but the Dead Weather show was untouchable!


Tell me a few of your favorite albums...

Ian: Either/Or by Elliott Smith, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel, Kid A by Radiohead, and Hunky Dory by David Bowie

Hailee: Elephant- The White stripes (my all time favorite!), Return of Saturn-No Doubt, Golden Warrior- T.Rex , and the Doors self titled first album.


What is your musical guilty pleasure?

Ian: I still listen to the first Third Eye Blind album on long car journeys ... so nineties, so good!

Hailee: If I am flipping through stations and something mindless and dancy is on, I can usually find a good excuse to keep listening..

3 comments:

Jessica Gilmore said...

Cool, I really like this idea. It's a cool way to get to know people that I might run into. I vote yes.

Spencer said...

Love the idea! I think it's great!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad people are diggin' the idea!