Nov 6, 2009

THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICKS

Another weekend in Salt Lake City, and a beautiful one at that, full of great shows. Here's the shows I'm hittin' up this weekend:

Dirty Projectors
w/ Tune-Yards
Saturday, November 7th @ In the Venue, $16.50*

I'd always heard about the Dirty Projectors, but never listened to them until their most recent album, Bitte Orca, came out earlier this year. I love the album and I've had many people tell me how amazing they are live and I'm thrilled at the chance to see them in concert. Also, Tune-Yards, who was just here opening for Sunset Rubdown, will be opening for them! Seeing as how I was a big party pooper and didn't go to Sunset Rubdown (which I now regret and knew I would) I'm looking forward to seeing them, since I missed out a couple weeks back.




Evangelicals
w/ Holiday Shores
Sunday, November 8th @ Kilby Court, $8*

The Evangelicals record, The Evening Descends, was basically the soundtrack to my life last fall. I couldn't stop listening to that record. I saw them at Kilby last fall and they were rad, so I'm definitely not going to miss them this time around. I've heard they're working on new material, so I'm sure we'll get a chance to hear some new stuff, which would be cool. Holiday Shores is opening for them, who I haven't heard of before, but the internets helped me with that problem:



So, I'll see you this weekend, right?

*Ticket price if you purchase them from us!

No comments: