Jan 15, 2010

GALLERY STROLL & THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICK

Ahhhh, Friday is here and it's sort of an extra wonderful Friday at Slowtrain. Why's that? Well, I'll tell you why- we've got a lot of cool things happening that we are all quite excited about:

1. Gallery Stroll!!!
Yes, Signed & Numbered has moved, but that doesn't mean that there isn't going to be cool stuff happening in the basement. For tonight's Gallery Stroll we are proud to put on the first collaborative art show by local artists Kenny Riches and Cara Despain. I don't know a ton about the show, but they're calling it the "Paper Palace Show" and I've heard rumors of pop-up art. WHO DOESN'T LOVE POP UP ART?! I know it's not just me and toddlers...

2. Yeasayer's Odd Blood Listening Party
We just got in a super-sweet treat from Secretly Canadian...and we're going to share it with you! What is it? It's the new Yeasayer LP that we got in two weeks early! We'll be listening to it all day and have it available for you to purchase.

3. SO MUCH SHINY, NEW VINYL!

Seriously...I've been a vinyl-pricing fool all week long. The shelves are full and waiting for you to come and dig in.

After Gallery Stroll I'm thinking about heading to Club Vegas where they are hosting a benefit for the No More Homeless Pets organization (if you know me at all, you know that I've got a big ol' soft spot for animals). Four local metal bands are playing: Eagle Twin, Bird Eater, Nine Worlds and Jesus T. Definitely a great opportunity to get out and support local music and a good cause. I can't find any information on the cover, but all proceeds will benefit the organizations efforts to spay/neuter and increase pet adoptions statewide.

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope to see you out and about tonight.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

We also got tickets in for Spoon with Deerhunter (!!!) and Micachu at In the Venue on April 7th. $26/cash only. Can't wait for this show.