Jan 27, 2010

NEW RELEASE RUNDOWN

Beach House, Teen Dream

Duuuuuuuuuudes, is it too soon for me to say that this album has probably snagged the number one spot on my list of 2010's best albums? I am uncontrollably and unabashedley OBSESSED with this album. I've always liked Beach House, but this album has made me fall head over heels for this band. I love everything about this record: the songwriting, the arrangements, Victoria's voice...everything seems like it came together perfectly on this record. Teen Dream definitely has a more pop-like feel to it than their two previous releases, which, not surprisingly, I really love. Lyrically, this album has me entranced. "Walk in the Park" is probably my favorite track right now. When she sings the chorus it nearly breaks my heart. This album will grab you and put you under it's spell. Don't fight it, my friends- EMBRACE IT!

I posted this video on the blog last week, but you should probably watch it again...

Beach House "Silver Soul" from Sub Pop Records on Vimeo.



Other cool things that came out this week, but I haven't had a chance to listen to as of yet:

Basia Bulat, Heart Of My Own
Magnetic Fields, Realism
Four Tet, There Is Love In You
Los Campesinos!, Romance Is Boring
Citay, Dream Get Together
Fucked Up, Couple Tracks: 2002-09
Joan of Arc, Don't Mind Control
My Brightest Diamond, Shark Remixes
Retribution Gospel Choir, 2
Scout Niblett, Calcination of Scout Niblett

No comments: