Jan 8, 2010

THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICKS

I'll be spending the majority of this weekend (and the coming months) inside of Urban Lounge. There's a whole lot of noteworthy live music happening in there, but this weekend it's all local...and you know how we like local stuff, right?

Saturday, January 8th @ Urban
Vile Blue Shades, Mammoth, & Cornered By Zombies

Another awesome local lineup for us to enjoy. Cornered By Zombies will rock you to your core and make your face melt. Seriously...you might want to bring earplugs if you're not into metal. I'll admit I'm not really into metal, but I still like watching these guys play. First of all, their usually covered in fake blood and secondly, their set is intense and energetic. I love a band that really knows how to put on a show...which leads me to Vile Blue Shades. Talk about a highly entertaining group of musicians. Then, there's Mammoth who is definitely in my top five favorite local bands right now. I'd sort of classify them in the electronic pop rock category. They throw a little jazz in there with the saxophone, which I really like. If you haven't heard/seen them yet, you should definitely check them out. Bring your drinking/dancing shoes.

Sunday, January 10th @ Urban Lounge

Acoustic Showcase featuring: David Williams, Glade Sowards, Cathy Foy, Trever Hadley, Will Sartain, Brian Oakley and MORE...

I haven't experienced a Sunday at Urban in a while, so I'm really excited for this "acoustic" night. All the musicians playing tonight are in local bands, but are playing special acoustic solo sets! Or at least that's what I've come to understand (if I'm mistaken I'll let you know). I can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday night.

No comments: