Feb 12, 2010

THIS WEEKEND'S LIVE PICKS

As if you didn't already guess it...

GIRLS
w/ Magic Kids, The Smith Westerns
TONIGHT, Friday, February 12th @ Urban

You know when you look forward to something for so long and then the day finally comes that it actually happens and you can't really comprehend it? Well, that's how I feel about today's shows. First of all, I never thought Girls would come through SLC and I definitely didn't think we'd snag an in-store, but somehow the universe has granted us the great pleasure of two live Girls' performances in one day (if you're 21 and over, that is). I have had quite a love affair with this band since their album came out last September and I am nervously giddy about seeing them tonight. Magic Kids and The Smith Westerns are opening and are both newer, up and coming bands that match up perfectly with Girls' music. It's going to be one hell of a night- put your party hats on and I'll see you at the in-store or at Urban tonight!

Here's a little sample of the goodness to come tonight:



Don't forget that it's the last weekend of the CWMA showcases! There are some great shows happening this weekend. I'll be missing the showcases tonight, but I plan on hitting up both showcases tomorrow night. Click here for this weekend's CWMA lineups.

No comments: