Apr 9, 2010

NEW RELEASE RUNDOWN

Dr. Dog, Shame, Shame

As eager as I was for this album, I was also a little uneasy about it specifically because I loved Fate so much that I didn't know if anything they released after it would ever be as good. Well, I must say that Shame, Shame is a pleasant surprise. It's a delightful continuation of their signature sound that I can't seem to get enough of. We have the cd for only $9.99, too!



Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, I Learned The Hard Way

As far as I'm concerned, Daptone Records can do no wrong and neither can Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings. I Learned The Hard Way, the groups third release, further solidifies their ability to craft a soulful sound that is both timeless and modern.



Harlem, Hippies

Harlem is a band that I've read and heard about countless times over the past few months. Somehow I stumbled upon their Twitter account and these boys have provided me with countless laughs, but that's beside the point. The point is that of the few songs I heard, I'm intrigued and eager to hear more. They are definitely of the lo-fi persuasion, which I can never really get enough of. Hippies is definitely at the top of my "albums to check out" list.





Other NEW stuff to check out:
Red Sparowes, Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer
Murder By Death, Good Morning, Magpie
Jonsi, Go
Matt Pond PA, The Dark Leaves
Jakob Dylan, Women and Country
David Byrne & Fatboy Slim, Here Lies Love

1 comment:

Matt said...

It's a great record, I purchased it from your shop a couple weeks ago, but..their first record "Free Drugs!" is even better!