Apr 12, 2010

THIS WEEK'S LIVE PICKS

Tonight- Monday, April 12th
The Big Pink
w/ A Place To Bury Strangers
@ Urban, $13

Loud, shoegazy rock with some pop undertones? Yes, please. I'm more familiar with A Place To Bury Strangers, but The Big Pink has been really popular with customers, so I'm curious to see and hear them live. Make sure you bring your ear plugs...

Tuesday, April 13th
Megafaun
w/ Breathe Owl Breathe & Paul Jacobsen & the Madison Arm
@ Kilby, $9

Last time I saw Megafaun at Kilby they opened for Bowerbirds and it was probably the most magical show I've ever seen there. Part of me is tempted not to go, just so I always have a perfect memory of the first time I saw them. However, the other part of me never wants to miss a performance of theirs- I mean, check out a recent live performance from them on La Blogtheque:

Megafaun - His Robe / A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.


See more live footage here now and tomorrow at Kilby!

Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, April 16-18th
RECORD STORE DAY WEEKEND!!!
@ Slowtrain, FREE!

Your weekend plans? HANG OUT AT SLOWTRAIN! I mean, why wouldn't you considering all the awesome stuff we have going on for Record Store Day? I'll give you a small rundown here, but make sure to head over to our website for full details.

Friday: Make sure to check out Slowtrain's Subterranean, which will be full of pizza, beer, and record store related art. Red Rock Brewing is sponsoring our weekend of festivities and supplying all the beer for this weekend and Advanced Media Solutions will be bringing by some tasty pizza pies. Get here early and spend your evening with us!

Saturday: Live music! 15% off your entire Record Store Day purchase with your school supply donation to the Junior League! Tasty food! More Red Rock Beer! Exclusive local and national releases! Goodie bags for the first 30 customers! Siiiiiiiigh. Did I mention it's gonna be a good day?

Sunday: Ah, Sunday brunch. Is there anything better? Come spend your afternoon with us! Bring your favorite brunch treat to share, sample other treats, drink some red beer and enjoy 20% off the ENTIRE store (well, mostly- local items or already on sale items aren't included).

Again, visit our website for full details, set times, and anything else. Hope you all will be spending at least part of, if not all, your weekend with us!

No comments: