Aug 6, 2010

NEW MUSIC DISCOVERY: BATHS









2010 has been such an amazing year for music that it's literally a bit overwhelming for me to think about. Not overwhelming in the sense that I can't handle it, but in the sense that there is just SO MUCH amazing music out there. It's hard for me to filter or focus on one artist for too long before something else comes out and redirects my attention. Baths is one of those artists that snuck up on me and has had me enthralled for the past month.

21 year old Will Wiesenfeld is the man behind Baths, whose self-titled debut album came out on Anticon. just a month ago. Since then, Baths has been getting a lot of attention, partly due to the fact that his music is a bit of a new direction for the Anticon. record label, which normally focuses on eclectic and eccentric hip hop. Baths' album is innocent and sweet sounding electronic pop. This album oozes happiness and love with every beat...or at least that's how it feels to me. Shortly after falling in love with this record, I found this article and the video below.

Baths will be performing live with El Ten Eleven and Dosh at the Urban Lounge on October 4th. I'll be there with bells on.

No comments: